Visit Natural Parents Network
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Absence Explained

I'm sorry I have been neglecting this blog for so long.  Nothing has been going the way I planned, so there hasn't been anything to post.  My cycle has gone from an average of 32 days to 16 days after doing a round of clomid.  Clomid did an absolute number on my hormones.  It made my TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) go up to 12.9, my estrogen shoot way up (causing me to be estrogen dominant again) to 48, and my testosterone go sky high, as well.  My D3 was still too low at 14 (up from 9, but supposed to be 40) and my progesterone was low at 8.  So, our plan of action was to change my meds.  My doc started me back on armour thyroid, but only at 30mg or half a grain.  I was on 60 mg or a whole grain.  She also changed my progesterone from cream to sublingual.  The cream was 200mg and the sublingual was 100mg.  She told me to stay on the Vitex to regulate the estrogen and testosterone and to up my D3 to 20K IUs a day.  We did this for a month and it hasn't done anything to help.  So yesteday, she upped my armour back to 60mg, and my progesterone to 200mg again.  Everything else is the same.  I go back for blood work in about 4 weeks.  She doesn't expect me to be back to TTC until at least March, but more likely June.

In other news, I've been working a campaign in the GOP Presidential Primary.  It's kept me very busy on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.  I've started a political blog if you are interested.  http://easttexans4freedom.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment