Visit Natural Parents Network
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Remembering My Glory Babies

Today was the Glory Babies Remembrance Walk at the Children's Park.  It was such a beautiful ceremony and walk!!  They talked about grief and loss, they had music, signing (as in sign language), they had signs with different scriptures and sayings on them that had to do with loss and grief.  There were battenburg lace angels that they had made for each baby represented there that we hung on the Angel Tree at the park.  When they read your baby's name, you walked across the little bridge down the path and hung the angel on the tree and then you walked the rest of the path back to where they had everyone seated.  Then they did a live butterfly release that was amazing!!  We got 2 and ours just hung around with us after letting them go.  Mine flew out of my hand and then came back a landed on the chair next to me.  My DH put his hand down to pick it up and it walked right onto his hand and then came to me and hung out on my hand and shoulder...and my chair.  It was awesome.  As many tears that flowed today, it was beautiful and I'm so glad I went.

I hope if you have experienced a loss you will find a remembrance walk near you and even if you missed it this year, do it next time.  It's a beautiful way to remember your babies and you meet so many others that have gone through what you are going through or have been through.  I would also encourage you to find a group near you whether a Glory Babies group or just a loss group.  It will not only help you, but you could very well help someone else through their grief.  I will leave you with a few pictures from the Glory Babies Walk.  Please, if you haven't, check out their page:  Glory Babies








No comments:

Post a Comment