Visit Natural Parents Network
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Thinking of the Future...

So, this may seem a little off topic for some of you, but if you really think about it, it's not.  When you are bringing a baby into this world you really start to look at what the future will be like for your child.  I read an article today about a lady in Oak Park, MI that faces 93 days in jail for growing a vegetable garden. ( check out the article here: http://tinyurl.com/68mmmgh) REALLY???  Is this what my child has to look forward to???  When did our government become a Nazi regime?  If I want to grow my own vegetables, I will!  Heaven forbid we do anything that might make us SELF reliant instead of dependent on the state/government!  If it's this bad now, what will it be like in 18 years when my little one is heading out into the world.  Will we have any freedoms left?  And we thought the only fear for us Rainbow moms was getting the baby here!  Wow...how wrong I was!

I recently campaigned for a lady, Debra Medina, for Texas Governor.  She had some great ideas!  She talked about eliminating property taxes so we could actually OWN our own land.  This would keep people from losing their houses for not paying property taxes...how cool would that be?  She really put a lot of thought into what our freedoms are supposed to be and how to get them back.  There are so many places, now days, where the government is over-reaching.  Since when do we rely on the government to tell us how to eat, how to raise our kids, how to show our patriotism, how to pray, how to keep our yards, how to spend our money, or how to treat our medical issues?  Honestly, this scares me.  Why would I ask a congressman or senator that doesn't have a M.D. how to go about treating my illnesses?  Why would I ask them how to raise my children when the majority of them have no morals??  I am utterly afraid of the world I will be bringing this child into.  Obviously, I'm trying to do something about it, though.  I have become aware and have started fighting back for my freedoms!  Maybe if we all did this, our world would be a much better place to raise children in!

OK, I will get off my soapbox for now.  I know most of you are thinking, "Yep, those pregnancy hormones are kicking in, alright!"  Well, yes, and no.  I'm sure I do have some pregnancy hormones, but for the most part I've been like this since my eyes were opened up to all the corruptness of our government.  More so, even still, since I've been watching this country turn 180 degrees from it's ideals and principles.  It just irks me to see a once great country crumbling.  It breaks my heart.

Today, I am feeling pretty good.  So far, no cramping, no spotting.  I hope this keeps up!!  I really do!  I'm actually starting to get a little excited.  I know, I know, don't get too excited....there is still a very long road ahead of me and I'm still in the danger zone. *sigh*  I will be glad when I hit my first milestone!  I think I will feel a lot better then.  I hope!  4 weeks 6 days, and an eternity to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment